I want to share my personal experience with Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) and how my publishing journey suddenly came to an unexpected end.
I had published only one book on the KDP platform titled “Why the World Is Not What It Was Meant to Be.” The book was reviewed and approved by Amazon and was available in the Kindle store for around one year. During this time, I did not receive any warning, complaint, or notice regarding any issue with my content.
After one year, I suddenly received an email informing me that my KDP account had been terminated due to alleged content guideline violations. My book was removed from sale, and my account access was completely closed.
I was surprised by this decision because I was not given any specific explanation about which part of my book or which guideline was violated. I also went through the appeal process multiple times, respectfully requesting clarification and reconsideration. However, the response I received stated that the decision was final and would not be reversed, without providing detailed reasons.
What made the situation more difficult for me to understand was the fact that the book had already been approved and published by Amazon itself and remained live for a long period before this action was taken.
As an author, this experience has been disappointing because I believed that published work on such a large platform would remain available unless a clear and immediate violation occurred. The lack of specific explanation made it difficult for me to fully understand what went wrong.
Despite this outcome, I still respect that every platform has its own rules and enforcement systems. However, I believe that clearer communication and more transparency would help authors better understand decisions that affect their work and efforts.
This experience has taught me an important lesson about not relying on a single platform and always having alternative publishing options.
Moving forward, I will continue my writing journey independently and explore other publishing platforms where I can share my work directly with readers.
— Arslan Rafiq

0 Comments